Neolog is a social review site that allows you to build shelves of items you review and show them to people around the world through your Neolog Homepage. It has lots of social features that enable you to interact with people and to stay in touch with them. Furthermore, you may register your Neolog Homepage for CDJapan Affiliate Program and earn commission.
How Much Does it Cost to Use Neolog?
It’s completely free of any charge.
Ensuring that Neolog is Fun for Everyone
Neolog is an online service provided by Neowing Corporation to facilitate interaction between people around the world. The purpose of the guidelines is to ensure that Neolog is safe, useful, and fun for everyone. We’d like to remind you that by using Neolog, you agree to the Terms of Service.
In the event we determine (in our sole discretion) that the Terms of Service are violated, we may delete contents or terminate account.
We welcome everyone to use Neolog freely, creatively, and imaginatively to interact with people all over the world. However, in general, Neolog won’t be fun for everyone if people deliberately offend each other, or if they purposely hurt each other’s feelings. It is a place for people to interact, and so SPAMMING won’t be tolerated
. Any solicitation isn’t allowed, either. So, URL (except in your profile), phone number, addresses, or e-mail address may not be posted. Also, since people of all ages are welcomed to use this service, adult-oriented contents and violent contents are not allowed. Once again, we remind you that you agree to Terms of Service
by using Neolog.
- 1. Login ID
- Enter any combination of letters and numbers (between 6-16 characters). The Login ID you create will be displayed as a part of your Neolog Homepage URL. Please note that it may not be modified later on.
- 2. Email Address
- All notices will be sent to the email address you enter. Your email address won’t be displayed anywhere on the site where others may see it.
- CDJapan Customers
- If you already have a CDJapan customer account, log in by entering your email address and password registered to create your home page.
- Neolog is compatible with OpenID. You may create your Neolog Homepage using your OpenID.
After you create your Login ID and password, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address including a verification URL. Click on the URL and log in to complete your registration. Please note that it may take up to several minutes for the email to arrive.
After you complete your registration, take following few easy steps to begin interacting with people all over the world.
- STEP 1: Create Your Profile
- Your profile will be displayed on your Neolog Homepage so that people will get to know you. You may edit your profile at any time by clicking on the Settings tab in your My Page.
- STEP 2: Create Your Shelf
- A shelf is where items you review are to be stored and displayed for people to see. Create ones that best describe subjects you are interested in. Also create tags for your shelves so people interested in same subjects will be able to find them.
- STEP 3: Review Items
- Visit CDJapan and look for an item you’d like to review, and click on Post Review on Neolog. Write freely about what you think about the item, and select a shelf to store it. Your review will be displayed on your shelf you choose as well as on the details view page of CDJapan for the item.
Click on the Settings
tab in your My Page
to edit your profile and to change your preferences under following sections.
- Edit Profile
- Edit your profile to be displayed on your Neolog Homepage. Also choose the types of email notice you prefer to receive.
- Login Preference
- You may change your password and change how you log into My Page in this section.
- Change Email Address
- Once you enter your new email address, a confirmation email will be sent, including a verification URL. Click on the URL, and enter your password to complete the changing of your email address.
- Affiliate Program
- If you are already participating in the CDJapan Affiliate Program, register your Neolog Homepage to earn commissions for purchases people make at CDJapan after reading your reviews. To register your Neolog Homepage, enter your Affiliate ID and Site ID, which are found under the User Profile in your CDJapan Affiliate Program Menu.
- Cancel Account
- Cancel account to completely delete your profile and all your reviews and shelves. Please note that it won’t be possible to restore them once you cancel your account.
My Page is the private area where you view and manage your Neolog Homepage and contents you post. Log in to your My Page using your Login ID, email address, or Open ID.
Log in to find following tabs to manage your Neolog Homepage.
- Top Page
- This is where notices, quick reports, and news about your Neolog Friends are displayed.
- Messages you send and receive are stored in INBOX and OUTBOX. To send people your message, visit their homepage and click on Send Message.
- View and edit your reviews. To create your review, find an item you’d like to review on CDJapan and click on Post Review on Neolog.
- Create, view, and edit your shelves.
Create reports to view number of visits and page views for your reviews and shelves. Statistics are updated once every day around midnight (Japan Standard Time GMT+9:00).
How to Create Reports:
- Click on From and To fields to bring up a calendar.
- Specify the period over which you’d like the report to be created.
- Click on the Create button.
- Click on the Settings Tab to change your preferences. For security reason, log in is required every time.
Create as many shelves as you’d like and store as many reviews as you’d like in each of them. There is no limit to how many of them you create. Click on the Shelves tab in your My Page to create and edit your shelves.
Add tags to your shelves, separated by space. Tags are words that serve as keywords to help people find your shelves and for you to find shelves people have created that you might be interested in. Click on the Popular Tags
link to view popular tags and to find people who are interested in similar subjects.
Reviews you create will be displayed on your Neolog homepage as well as on the details view page on the CDJapan website for the item. It will be displayed separately from the ones created by the Customer Reviews feature. Your reviews will appear for people to see as soon as you create them, but if you click on the Post Review Later button, the content will be saved until later without appearing on the site. Click on the Reviews tab in your My Page to view and edit your reviews.
Post your comments on reviews and shelves that interest you. It is the best way to begin interacting with people. You comments will be displayed as soon as you post them. Click on the Your Comments tab in your My Page to view and edit comments you have posted, including your replies to comments posted on your reviews and shelves.
To send someone a message, visit their homepage and click on the Send Message button. To view messages you have sent and received, click on the Messages tab in your My Page.
If you find people who interest you, click on the Add to Neolog Favorites link displayed on their homepage. They will be added to your Neolog Favorites list right away, and whenever they create new reviews, you will be updated on the top page of your My Page. When people add you to their Neolog Favorites list, you will be able to view them on your People Who Like You list. While your Neolog Favorites list appears on your home page for people to see, your People Who Like You list appears only on your My Page. A notice will be sent to people once you add them to your list, and you will receive a notice when people add you to their lists.